1. Atmospheric temperature changes with altitude. How does thischange look in different layers of the atmosphere? Using figure(a), state if there is a general increase or decrease intemperature with altitude in the following layers.
2. Using figure (a), state if the lapse rate or rate of changein temperature with altitude is constant or variable (not only thetemperature but the rate changes with altitude as well) within thefollowing layers of the atmosphere.
3. Assume that the temperature at the surface is 15C°. Applyingthe normal lapse rate, what is the temperature at the followingaltitudes?
4. Consider there is a temperature inversion layer betweenaltitudes of 4000 and 5500 m with an inverted lapse rate of∆5.5Co km-1. If the temperature at the bottomof the inversion layer is 5 Co , what is the temperatureat the top of the inversion layer?
5. In what ways does a temperature inversion worsen an airpollution episode?