1. Which tablet size and liquid combination resulted in fastestdissolution times?
2. What is the relationship between particle size and time ittakes for the tablet to dissolve?
How does this relationship apply to weathering in nature?
3. Using the activity as a model, explain how mechanicalweathering (breaking or crushing)
contribute to chemical weathering (dissolution)?
4. Compare dissolution times in room temperature water and hotwater. Using this as a model,
what can you deduce about the relationship between temperature andweathering rate?
5. Is there marked difference in the dissolution rate in waterand vinegar both at room
temperature? What caused the difference? What does dissolution invinegar simulate in nature?
6. In what environment would weathering rate be fastest?Slowest? Explain your reasons based
on the observations from this activity.