1. Compare the global quantities of small, medium, and largemagnitude earthquakes:
2. How would you describe the global distribution ofearthquakes? (Be specific about trends or patterns – Where doearthquakes tend to occur? Are small/medium/large magnitude quakesfound in the same locations? etc.)
3. What do the white lines represent?
4. Describe the relationship between the white lines and theglobal occurrence (magnitudes, quantities, distribution) ofearthquakes:
24. How would you describe the global distribution of the mostdeadly tsunamis? (Be specific about trends or patterns – Wheredo they occur? How do they relate to tectonic boundaries?etc.)
25. How long did it take the tsunami to reach California?
How long to reach Japan?
26. The front end of the tsunami reached both the eastern coastof Australia and the Hawaiian Islands approximately 14 hours afterthe earthquake. The wave height observed in Australia was 1.5meters; the wave height observed in Hawaii was 10 meters. If thewave reached both locations around the same time, why was theresuch a large wave height difference?